Sells, under general supervision, client products, services, and value adds by visiting and interacting with established and prospective customers to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals. Ensures growth of sales, identifies and develops under close guidance new prospects and grows business to contribute to the achievement of corporate sales goals. Manages to ensure excellent customer relations.
1. Manages an assigned sales territory. Develops current customer base and establishes new customers. Promotes corporate , product initiatives, and shop services by making regular sales calls. Handles customer’s on-site problems (applications, design improvements, and product recommendations).
2. Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services. Keeps current with information of competitive products, customers’ machinery and process. Updates customers on new products. Attends product and selling skills seminars.
3. Promotes and maintains effective working relationships with suppliers and customers.
4. Maintains productive relationship with inside sales force through positive team work. Leads by example. Communicates information on new products and processes.
5. Analyzes sales performance. Keeps company informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities. Submits reports to management on a timely basis.
6. Improves branch performance through increased sales and increased gross margins.
7. Provides a high level of customer service to all customers.
8. Performs other duties as assigned. Accomplishes related results as needed.
Education – A minimum of a Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
Experience – A minimum of 2-4 years of inside/outside sales.
Valid driver’s license required.
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position
* Customer Service Orientation * Creativity
* Action Oriented * Initiative
* Analytical Thinking * Planning
* Business Insight * Problem Solving
* Team Oriented * Computer Proficiency
* Ability to work in unstructured environment * Technical Application
* Time Management
* Communication (writing, speaking, listening)
Knowledge Essential to the Position
* Planning Methods/Techniques * Distribution Industry
* Customer Industry and Market * Products and Service
Salary : $55,000 – $85,000