Our client manufactures hydraulic products and they have created a new role of Application Engineer to serve as a support to both their sales staff and customers. Your main duties will consist of resolving product and service problems and providing application and product support for Regional Sales Managers. You will interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services.
- Receive telephone requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes, adjustments and cancellations directly from customers, original equipment manufacturers, distributors and Regional Sales Managers.
- Build and maintain rapport with customers and work to give them the best possible service.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales application engineering services to accounts
- Use your product application knowledge to convince customers to use their product over competitors’
- Convert customers by comparing competitors’ products to theirs by communicating full product features and effectively demonstrating value propositions
- Works closely with production control regarding deliveries of scheduled shipments.
- Handles the internal support needs of sales representatives and customers.
- Maintains files of active customers, prospects and former customers within territory.
- Prepares paperwork (purchase orders, invoices, and memos) to be given to accounting department, manufacturing and sales manager for review and action.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum education High School diploma, Associates degree a plus
- Must have prior Hydraulic / Fluid Power product experience
- Hydraulic Certification a plus
- Filtration product experience would be helpful
- 3+ years Product Application / Sales Support experience
- Experience with CRM – SalesForce.com preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced manufacturing/office environment.
- Aggressive growth oriented mindset with a focus on gaining market share at competitors’ expense and through helping close new opportunities
- Demonstrated record of achievement in prior sales related position preferred. Creativity a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure.
- Computer literacy required; knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP systems, CRM, SFDC a plus.
- Health Insurance
- 401K with match
- Vacation and holidays
- Some assistance with relocation if necessary
- Ability to work from home part of the time if desired
Let's move your career forward and apply now. We review all resumes and applications submitted. A member of our staff will reach out to you directly if you meet the qualifications for this role.
Salary : $65,000 – $90,000