Solid manufacturing client of ours is in need of an Application Engineer. Ideal candidate will have an electrical or electronics engineering background. Here is the job summary:
Summary: Application Engineers play a critical role within our organization – They are responsible for the interpretation of customer specifications and power requirements. The Application Engineer analyzes technical specifications and drawings to select the most appropriate product for the application. Our custom engineering capabilities allow for creative solutions that allow us to satisfy nearly any application. An appreciation for deep technical knowledge of the product and application are needed to excel in this position as well as an equal balance of negotiation and relationship building skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Working on department improvement initiatives on quotation and order process flow
- Improving documents and forms
- Develop and improve quotation tools
- Various tasks to support the department, as assigned by the manager
- Fully determine the technical and commercial requirements of the application.
- Select the appropriate product to meet these requirements.
- Develop accurate cost models for both standard and custom equipment.
- Determine and negotiate price levels and lead times.
- Communicate these requirements to Order Management team for engineering and manufacturing.
- Partner with Sales Team to develop and present customer sales strategies.
- Partner with customers and our Engineering team to develop custom solutions that satisfies the application.
- Manage the commercial and technical aspects of the customer.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our internal resources and Sales Team.
- Provide timely and effective verbal and written communication to our internal resources and Sales Team.
MUST & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exhibiting strong organization skills
- Self –starter
Salary : $75,000 – $90,000