Are you Customer Service Representative who has insurance and/or banking experience, preferably in an insurance agency setting? Are you a Customer Service Representative who wants to join a leading insurance carrier in its headquarters location in a role supporting the Underwriting department? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity?
- Provide support for the company agents via phone calls, emails, and faxed requests. Receive, research, document, and resolve all customer inquiries/requests with accuracy and professionalism to ensure profitability and customer satisfaction
- Underwrite and process mid-term adjustment requests, answer coverage related questions, price indications, and resolve billing issues
- Work with independent agents to review and gather needed information for new business submissions and renewal reviews. Work with agents and direct customer to evaluate policy change requests to insure underwriting has complete and accurate information to review
- Become an expert on the company's online application; walk agents through the steps required to complete an application online
- Provide technical support to our regional underwriting teams
- Report analysis and resolution
- Decision within assigned authority
- Process high volume time sensitive transactions
- Data entry, initial analysis and account set up transactions
- New projects – system testing and reporting
- Special projects, mass adjustments, and/or maintenance changes
- Required to complete/maintain licensing requirements and insurance industry education
- Participate on teams, which develop and coordinate the implementation of new procedures, to enhance the effectiveness of customer service operations
- BA/BS in business or related field preferred but not required
- Minimum of three years of experience in a customer service role working in an insurance agency setting, or directly with an insurance carrier, or in a bank.
- Proven ability to work on a team or operate independently
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Success in high volume environments requiring personal organization, multitasking, and regular re-prioritization with short turnaround time on items of high impact
- Experience in researching and accurately resolving technical subject matter while working under pressure and within time constraints
- Strong customer service skills for use with internal and external customers with ability to effectively handle incoming calls and deal with difficult situations
- Comfort with a structured, process as that is the approach in the underwriting department, including limitations in levels of authority. Authority level increases with increasing competence
- Attention to detail and thoroughness with strong documentation skills
- Mandatory computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet). Advanced understanding of Excel or Access is a plus
- P&C License obtainment may be required
- Hours include alternating 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM (1 week per month)
- Basic knowledge of insurance industry and product lines
- Additional computer skills (AS400, Siebel, Imaging Systems, Web-based applications, TARABS, Lotus Notes) a plus
This posting represents multiple opportunities.
Our client is seeking only local/commutable candidates.
Salary : $35,000 – $45,000