The Audit and Assurance Services Senior Accountant serves as both the lead and support for a variety of firm clients, largely in our not-for-profit niche. In this position, you will delegate and instruct audit assignments, review completed work, including workpaper documentation and financial statement preparation, and make suggestions and recommendations for revision.
The candidate in this position will draw upon their understanding of accounting regulations and effectively guide clients and their bookkeeping staff to ensure compliance with accounting matters. The successful candidate will create time budgets on prior work and ensure subsequent work will be completed in a timely manner.
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager, and partner
- Plans, schedules, and supervises client engagements; meets time constraints, client deadlines and engagement compliance deadlines
- Communicates with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client
- Directs and instructs assigned staff for work to be performed and leads the engagement workpaper review
- Prepares workpapers and performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or other comprehensive basis of accounting (OCBOA) to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters
- Responsible for a broad range of accounting tasks; takes ownership of client work
- Prepares audit reports and internal reporting documents as requested
- Represents firm at intern recruiting fairs
- Collaborates with staff to mentor seasonal interns
- Develops a network of industry peers and business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referral business
- This position requires 70% local travel
- Demonstrates competency of technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards. Will take ownership of projects and tasks.
- Possesses depth of technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants and/or perform tasks and duties independently
- Understands the process to develop quality client relationships and loyalty
- Familiarity of GAAP, other comprehensive basis of accounting, unique or specialized accounting principles, and financial statement presentations
- Self-directed and self-motivated work ethic that contributes to the client service team by producing quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service
- Comfortable working with regional not-for-profit organizations, supporting volunteerism and serving the community
- Works with an entrepreneurial approach to client service while building positive working relationships with client personnel
- Comfortable preparing and presenting workshops, seminars and training sessions to both internal and external stakeholders
Experience and Technical Requirements
- Three to four years of experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks and tax knowledge. Not-for-profit accounting experience desired.
- Proficiency and experience using CCH Engagement, Creative Solutions Fixed Assets and QuickBooks is a plus.
Educational and Licensure Requirements
- Current State of Ohio CPA license (or CPA-eligible)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
Salary : $60,000 – $75,000