Automation Engineer Orangeburg, SC
- Award Winning Manufacturer of Lawn and Garden Consumer Products
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Salary Program
- Chance to be part of a proud team manufacturing award winning products recognized world wide
- This company offers growth for those who excel
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The primary focus of the opportunity is to develop a mechanical design that will meet safety standards and scope. This person will be responsible for the mechanical design of fixtures and overall cell layout in industrial automation settings. This includes creating 3-D modeling of components and assemblies as well as 2-D drawings. This person will also develop the BOM for all mechanical components and a recommended spare parts list. This person will participate in all internal design reviews as well as project kick off meetings. This person will also have to reverse engineer built assemblies and be able to create a print package for these assemblies. This position will also support various projects related to new and redesigned product launches.
- Ability to create mechanical designs from customer scope of work requirements
- Read and understand design concepts, blueprints, SOW contracts, etc. and prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates based on those items
- Communicate with customers, vendors, personnel in other departments, peers, management, and owners to discuss and formulate mechanical designs
- Quote time and material per scope of work for the mechanical design
- Review material and labor requirements and decide whether it is more cost effective to produce or purchase components. (Make Vs Buy Analysis)
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, ads subordinates.
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow diagrams and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment
- Design, purchase, and install equipment, fixtures, specialty assembly tools, product lift assists, and storage devices.
- Develop new manufacturing processes, including layouts, PFD, PFMEA, CP, Work instructions and training materials.
- Troubleshoot daily manufacturing issues.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field from a four year college or university plus 5 or more years of relevant experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Computer skills to include but not limited to MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), AutoCAD, 3-D CAD software, and Solid Works. Must also have VB programing for Excel. Knowledge of writing scripts in Solid Works and Application Program Interface (API) is a plus.
- Working knowledge of welding and machine shop equipment. This requirement is met by either having taken 1-2 years’ relevant education courses or by having 6 months to 1 year of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical design, electrical design, automation concepts, Intimate knowledge of industrial automation systems.
- Experience in custom industrial automation equipment and/or a machine building environment. Material handling experience of at least 2 – 4 years.
- Must have robotics experience with ABB and FANUC
- Project Management Experience
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies (5S) and principles including formal training and experience implementing lean strategies to improve process flow and reduce cost.
- Ability to read and interpret drawing requirements and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Must have manufacturing / assembly automation experience.
- Up to 20% travel required
Salary : $75,000 – $95,000