We are seeking a Business Development Manager for an established and growing Machining & Manufacturing company located near Minneapolis, MN. This person will be responsible for identifying new customers and business opportunities within their target industries and regions. The Business Development Manager will ensure sustained and profitable growth for the organization and develop market strategies, sales plans and forecasts to achieve those objectives. This person will have input in the strategic decision making process of the objectives and goals for the growth of this high-tech and modern facility. This role has high visibility by leading the launch of new products and services within the organization and by negotiating and closing new contracts and business deals. The Business Development Manager will oversee the technical and engineering team so education or experience with engineering and technical products or machining processes is needed.
- Identify and develop customers in defined target markets.
- Develop and manage new business opportunities.
- Close new business deals by meeting customer needs, negotiating contracts, and integrating sales with operations.
- Provide on-going support to ensure clear and concise communication with customers.
- Research and maintain knowledge of key competitors to ensure competitive sales positions.
- Five years business/sales experience with a focus on developing new business in manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience working in a contract manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, engineering or equivalent experience.
- Strong project management skills.