A very solid manufacturing client of ours is looking for a Buyer. The following description is what our client seeks.
Summary: Buyers will possess the experience and job knowledge to handle all aspects of the quoting, sourcing, and procurement of purchased material in support of current and potential production requirements. Their goal will be to derive the best possible price, delivery, and quality on all purchased material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Scheduling (planning) of assigned part numbers.
- Support of accounts payable and receiving issues associated with their P.O.’s.
- Timely resolve of rejected material.
- Implementation of ECR’s related to purchased material.
- Quoting to support sales efforts.
- Processing BOM quotes related to new business.
- Sourcing of new parts related to implementation of a quote or a quote/buy.
- Quoting, negotiating, and sourcing of material as it relates to blanket P.O. renewal, ongoing production, or new part numbers.
- Quote to actual analysis on new jobs.
- Material status reporting on new jobs.
- Ongoing problem solving and support of material shortages and problem parts.
- Analysis, resolution, and recording of purchase price variances.
- Support, as assigned, to vendor quality and on-time delivery reporting.
- Support for the maintenance of accurate purchasing records with the department and in the ERP system as well as the other files and databases used with the materials group.
- Buying responsibilities limited in nature. (Junior Buyer)
- Buying responsibilities moderate in nature. (Buyer)
- Buying responsibilities complex and dollar value high in nature. (Senior Buyer)
- Considered an expert and able to perform all levels of buyer job description. (Senior Buyer)
- Education/Experience/Credentials: Junior Buyer level less than two years of buying or material experience. Buyer greater than three years of purchasing or material related experience. Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or purchasing related major in lieu of experience. C.P.M. or C.P.I.M is a plus. Print reading and process knowledge of materials to be purchased. Senior Buyer minimum of five years of purchasing or material related experience. Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or purchasing related major in lieu of experience. C.P.M. or C.P.I.M. is a plus. Print reading and process knowledge or materials to be purchased.
- Language Ability: Excellent communication both written and verbal. Ability to read and analyze periodicals, business reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, Team Members and the general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. The Individual must possess strong skills in grammar and proofreading.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to collect data, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to maintain a professional and positive image in any situation using good judgment.
- Computer Skills: Ability to use office software, including Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Slide Presentations, Internet browsers, E-mail, and business systems software. M.R.P. knowledge and Logic. Use third party quoting software.
Salary : $45,000 – $55,000