We are in search of a Director of Risk Management with Acute Care Hospital experience interested in living and working in one of California’s smallest cities with a population of around 70,000 known for its agricultural industry. Good cost of living here.
Our ideal candidate needs to have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, masters preferred in a clinical or health care related field
- CA RN license
- Certification in Risk Management preferred
- Five years’ experience in an acute care hospital setting required
- Experience and understanding of hospital risk and/or claims management
- Working knowledge and experience with Root Cause Analysis development
- Ability to interpret medical records to identify potential liability
- Must be able to interpret legal contracts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead and coordinate activities and resolve conflict within a cross functional diverse group of people
You will report to the Chief of Nursing
This role does require thorough knowledge of regulatory/accrediting agencies, statues, and reporting requirements as well as claims management reporting requirements. Duties will include but are not limited to: Managing the Occurrence Reporting System (ESRM), managing claims, investigating sentinel events and developing RCAs, presenting risk/loss, assisting with litigation management, communicating with Corporate Legal Department, preparing reports for MEC/Governing Board, participating in disaster planning, managing complaints and grievances, maintaining knowledge of regulatory/legal requirements and reporting discrepancies when required, processing and reporting incidents that fall under the federal regulation known as Adverse Event Reporting and the Safe Medical Devices Act.
Our client is offering a competitive six figure salary. Salary depends on years of experience.
Our client is offering relocation, full comprehensive benefits package, 401K, PTO and so much more! To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume along with your salary requirements and best contact #/ email. We look forward to coaching you through their entire interview process.
Salary : $126,000 – $145,000