The CNC Programmer will be responsible in the creation of programs that will generate a part that is compliant to blueprint specifications and that will meet the routed times.
The following essential functions are the critical duties an employee must be able to perform either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation.
• To complete the DPP per ISO/AS requirements.
• To work with the Programming Lead and Plant Manager on design of tooling and fixturing.
• To have a plan for tooling and fixturing prior to set-up.
• To alert the Programming Lead if the programmed job does not meet the routed times.
• To alert the Tool Crib in a reasonable time frame of special tooling requirements before the job is scheduled to start.
• Work with and answer questions on programmed jobs.
• To prevent any spindle down time do to tooling or fixturing issues. (At set-up and/or during production)
• To assist with the set-up if needed.
• To trouble shoot tooling and fixturing issues.
• To work with the Machinists when there are programming needs.
• To review repeat jobs for process improvement.
• To notify the Quality Dept. of any special gauging needs before the job is scheduled to start.
• To communicate and get input from Machinists on processing new jobs during programming.
• To work with Machinists where needed during program prove-out to better understand of what works and what does not.
• To communicate with the machinists when the job starts on how the job was programmed and to help with the set up to make the process of set up and proveout more efficient.
• Other duties as needed
Education: Requires education generally equivalent to an Associate’s Degree.
Experience: Requires 3-5 years of relevant CNC experience.
Skills and competencies: The CNC Programmer must have strong manufacturing skills, CADCAM skills, blueprint reading skills (including GD&T), and communication skills.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.)
• While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, talk and listen and move from place to place. The incumbent will regularly sit and will frequently use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• During the performance of his/her work duties, the incumbent will be required to occasionally lift up to 10 pounds, such as carrying material and parts from machine to machine.
Our client offers health, dental, vision, PTO, life insurance, 401k contribution, tuition reimbursement, family friendly environment and quarterly profit sharing. Don’t feel like starting over? We can often expedite PTO and branch health insurance coverage.
Salary : $49,920 – $62,400