This position requires a thorough working knowledge of ceramic machining utilizing CNC and manual lathes, mills, grinders and any other applicable machining equipment. May interface extensively, with manufacturing, engineering, and sales teams.
- Understands and operates ceramic machining equipment, including programming, set-up, and fixturing.
- Understand CAD drawings and work from drawings to make final part.
- Apply various machining and processing principles utilizing manual machines, CNC machines, and general ceramic machining equipment.
- Ability to plan, implement and trouble-shoot a machining process from start to finish.
- Participates in new technology to improve ceramic manufacturing efficiencies, reduce costs and minimize safety/occupational hazards.
- Acts as technical resource for all ceramic machining equipment.
- Provides technical information on machinery, equipment and processes to maintenance personnel for troubleshooting, training and empowerment purposes.
- Understand and use measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, depth and bore gages, optical comparators, microscopes, CMM’s and the like.
- Stay current with machining practices and technical advances in the machining industry.
- Work with both green and fired ceramic materials.
- Effectively communicate ideas with other personnel.
- Understand and comply with company policies and procedures as stated in the company quality manual and Employee Handbook.
- Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required.
- Problem solving process.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with CNC machining centers, mills, lathes, and grinders
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to learn new processes and new machinery quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to read and follow directions (work orders)
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to complete projects on time
- Familiarity with geometry and can perform associated calculations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must consistently lift and/or move between 25 and 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations, and use basic hand-held measuring tools. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position normally requires exposure to typical manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and steel-toed safety shoes. Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining. Industrial lighting provided. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Salary : $49,920 – $56,160