Well established, highly profitable boutique accounting and consulting firm offers several exceptional career opportunities for professionals to specialize in either compliance and risk advisory services, accounting and transaction advisory services, and/or Sarbanes Oxley consulting, Positions are available at the Senior, Manager, and Practice Leader levels. Prefer candidates licensed as a CPA, CIA, or CISA with a minimum of two years of U. S. based Big-4 or national CPA firm experience. Will sponsor extensions of H-1 and TN visas.
This practice is a great alternative to the rigors, politics, and excessive overtime inherent with the Big-4. They offer an entrepreneurial, consulting oriented environment with a variety of both Fortune 500 and closely held clients, in diverse industries. The firm offers, high salaries, monthly and annual bonuses, great benefits, flexible work schedules, and a reasonable work / life balance. The office is located in Woodland Hills, a suburb of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley. Will consider paying interview expenses and a relo package for exceptional Big-4 candidates.
We are searching for a senior accounting professional to help double the size of our firm in three years. As a result, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in a collaborative environment that is a playground for highly skilled, self-motivated professionals. You will partner on project teams to assist with SOX compliance and internal audit projects for companies that range from newly public high growth entities in rapidly changing environments, to the largest entertainment and public companies in Los Angeles.
If you’re interested, here is the challenge for your first year with the firm.
Complete the assigned internal control processes on 3-4 project teams, within the given budget with minimal supervision by:
- Creating process narratives, identifying key controls, and concluding on design and operating effectiveness of key controls.
- Demonstrating clear and concise writing, and verbal skills to communicate complex issues in simple terms to clients and team members.
- Producing quality deliverables evidenced through minimal review time and review notes.
- Actively improving technical and project management skills through on the job feedback, performance evaluations, mentoring and firm-sponsored formal training programs including monthly CPE and Subject Matter Expert (SME) training.
- Responding to client needs and balancing the competing priorities with minimal client disruptions, while maintaining project progress.
Upon successfully demonstrating the skill set listed above you will have the opportunity to earn a promotion to Project Manager. As a Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Building internal teams through participation in our mentoring program and interviewing.
- Managing one to several individual project teams, project scheduling, reviewing of workpapers, and being the primary point of contact between the team and the client.
Realistically, we need someone with a CPA or CIA license or who has a goal to obtain one in the near future. (We help you achieve this with time off for testing, paying for study materials, and paying for the exams). A hands on knowledge of SOX, COSO, and PCAOB requirements is really important.
Consulting positions are also available for long term assignments, on an hourly paid basis, for professional Consultants for who have public accounting experience specifically within Sarbanes-Oxley assistance, including 404 scoping, documentation and testing, audit preparation and support services, financial reporting assistance and support, implementation assistance with new accounting pronouncements and financial restatements, SEC filings related to IPOs, debt offerings and acquisitions and transaction-oriented accounting and reporting assistance related to mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, purchase price allocation and post-transaction support and integration.
Salary : $70,000 – $90,000