This position is responsible for leading the planning and execution of lean initiatives, working side-by-side with work groups to fully implement and assure we sustain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Oversees Kaizen/Continuous Improvement events for the Company.
- Prepares for kaizen events and serves as coach, trainer and facilitator during the event.
- Provides project management by following up on post-kaizen activities.
- Collects and analyzes data using appropriate structured problem solving methodologies (i.e. 6 Sigma, Plan-Do-Check-Act, 5 Why’s, Pareto, etc.).
- Develops and delivers Lean training to improve and promote knowledge and understanding of continuous improvement in the organization.
- Coordinates and communicates improvement trial schedules with affected department heads and teams acting as a facilitator.
- Works closely with Department Heads and Quality Manager to develop action plans to address customer complaints or problems.
- Ensures consistent and accurate communication of project status to management and employees.
- Promotes employee involvement through lean activities
- Drive continuous improvement by developing and implementing systems and process improvements that optimize all phases of the production process; be actively involved in the development and implementation of long term quality improvement plans.
- Compile data and prepare regular and special reports.
- Performs a variety of functions necessary for the successful operation of the department, as assigned by the management of the company.
- Actively supports, participates in and maintains the integrity and ongoing function of the company and facility's safety program, ensuring a safe/healthy work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field is preferred
- 3+ years “hands-on" experience in leading and directing lean initiatives
- Thorough understanding and application of lean principles including Kaizen, 5S, A3, TPM, Kanban, Value Stream Mapping and others.
- Computer skills (MS Office proficiency, statistical analysis tools)
Salary : $65,000 – $85,000