In addition to our Permanent Placement services, Mangrum Career Solutions can source talent for your Contract Staffing needs including:
- Contract and Temporary Staffing
- Contract-to-Direct Conversions to evaluate talent before hiring someone
- Assistance with Compliance for Obamacare (Health Care Reform, & and the Affordable Care Act / ACA)
- 1099 to W2 Conversions to reduce tax risks
- Payroll Needs
Our back-office partner, Top Echelon Contracting, manages the process and coordinates all of the financial and administrative responsibilities associated with engaging contractors and/or hiring contract staff. All you have to do is authorize billing by approving a weekly timesheet and pay a simple invoice.
Wide Range of Benefits
Top Echelon Contracting becomes the legal Employer of Record and coordinates everything, including:
- Employment Paperwork and Forms (Contract, -4, etc.)
- Employee Benefits Administration (medical, dental, vision, accidental death, life insurance, 401(k), etc.)
- Immigration Authorization (I-9 & E-Verify)
- Insurance protection – Top Echelon Contracting carries a comprehensive package of insurance coverage to provide an added layer of protection for every contract placement.
- Weekly Payroll funding and processing including:
- Federal & State Income Tax Withholding
- Social Security & Medicare (employee and employer share)
- Federal Unemployment
- State Unemployment Insurance
- State Disability Insurance (if applicable)
- Worker’s Compensation Premiums
- Year-end W-2 Forms
- Expense Reimbursements
- Direct Deposit into Employee Bank Accounts
Why Hire a Contractor
Before we begin, you may be asking yourself, “Why would a client company want to do contracting?” Three simple words come to mind: cost, flexibility, and risk.
- Reduce employment costs by allowing companies to only pay for the skill set they need, with very little training or ramp-up time.
- During a hiring freeze or a budget constraint, contracting is a cost effective way to get the job done.
- Avoid traditional overhead costs for things like healthcare that are associated with traditional employees.
- Gain tremendous staffing flexibility to complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Try the candidate and see them in action before making a direct hire.
- Eliminate the risk tied to workers’ compensation, unemployment, benefits, and the normal exposure related to having traditional employees.
Why Become a Contractor
With all of the changes in today’s workplace and economy, contracting has become very prevalent among candidates.
- Achieve higher earning potential because you get paid for every hour you work including time-and-a-half for overtime.
- Get paid weekly as W-2 employees and still have access to a full benefits package.
- Gain flexibility in your lifestyle to balance work and family.
- Enhance their technical and professional knowledge and your portfolio of skills.
- Get your foot in the door of a specific company.