Our client is in need of an experienced Control Systems Engineer capable of supporting control system architecture design and further advance, maintain and modify existing system controls. In this role, you will be the leader of the advancement of our hybrid and EV systems, helping to optimize and advance multiple applications as our products grow. Experience with electric vehicles or automotive industry experience preferred.
Key Success Factors
- Experience with systems development in areas such as traction motors, hydraulic controls, HV battery subsystems, charging/exporting, APU controls, cooling controls and user interface controls
- Experience with CAN bus gateways, including OpenECU and/or iCAN, along with relay module control software design and Simulink control model implementations
- Component experience including onboard chargers/inverters, HV battery packs, BMS, DCDC converters, power distribution units, e-brake systems, user interface modules and hydraulic and cooling systems
- Generate concepts based on internal & external requirements
- Execute the programs to validate (or invalidate) the feasibility of the concept, including design, analysis and optimization, prototype procurement, testing and refinement of the concept
- Develop intellectual property capturing these new technologies as unique DANNAR products
- Work with customers, both external and internal, to launch products into production as well as enhance existing production products
- In-depth understanding of hybrid and electric vehicle technologies
- Basic understanding of data acquisition/fleet logging, telematics and autonomous controls
- Ability to collaborate and lead engineers
- B.S. in related discipline such as Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in developing automotive or related embedded control systems.
- Production launch experience in the automotive industry preferred
- Background in model-based controls development with rapid prototyping tools such as MATLAB/Simulink/SF
- Model-in-the-Loop, Hardware-in-the-Loop or Software-in-the-Loop simulation, testing and validation of control strategies
- Understanding of internal combustion engines, turbochargers and electric machines
- Ability to work independently in fast paced development environment
- Effective oral and written communicator that can influence, motivate, negotiate, and collaborate internally and externally
Salary : $100,000 – $125,000