Are you a Cost Accountant who wants to be part of a dynamic manufacturing company? Are you a Cost Accountant with solid standard cost experience? If you can answer "yes" to these questions you should consider this opportunity.
As a Cost Accountant, you will report to the Director of Finance. You will apply principles of cost accounting to conduct analysis which provides detailed cost information to various levels and departments for our client.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in month-end closing and prepare journal entries as necessary.
- Prepare detailed account analysis, review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability.
- Analyze manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs; provide various reports to management.
- Plan, study, and collect data to determine cost of business activity such as raw material, purchases, inventory, and labor.
- Assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
- Work with Accounts Payable to resolve discrepancies
- Assist with other duties as directed or needed.
- Supervisory Responsibility: No direct reports
Your background must include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA and or CMA a plus but not required
- Minimum of 3 years in cost and inventory accounting
- General knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and specific knowledge of principles pertaining to inventory
- Experience in developing and maintaining standards
- Ability to analyze and explain variances
- Experience with ERP systems and databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Our client is only considering local/commutable candidates as there is no relocation offered.
Salary : $70,000 – $80,000