Progressive regional CPA firm is currently searching for two Audit Seniors for their Orange County, CA office. This firm is very entrepreneurial and consulting oriented, and has been ranked among the best CPA firms to work for in the U. S. Clients include both SEC and closely held corporations, along with high net worth individuals in a variety of industries. They are a great alternative to the Big 4 for prospective Partners, Managers, Seniors and Staff, as well as clients seeking more personalized service. They do not maintain a high stress, demanding corporate culture, and employees are not treated as a number or one of the masses. Work environment is not at all typical of the public accounting grind and they offer a very reasonable work/life balance. managers receive bonuses and Seniors and Staff are paid high base salaries plus time and one half for overtime. Local candidates are preferred, however, sign-on bonuses may be available to assist exceptional out of town candidates with their relocation costs. Candidates must be either U. S.citizens, Permanent Residents, or active holders of Canadian TN visas.
Essential Duties 1. Responsible for all Senior level services rendered to clients in the functional areas of audit, assurance, and management advisory services.
2. Review audit work papers, financial statements, and reports to management.
3. Involved with the administration of the personnel function as it relates to acquisition, training, retention, and utilization of accounting staff. Recruits or assigns individuals to recruit students at selected colleges and universities.
Supervisory Responsibilities 1. Responsible for the development and training of semi-seniors and staff accountants.
2. Must be familiar with the qualifications of all staff members for the development and instruction of their training needs.
Minimum Qualifications: 1. At least three years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in audit complexity, scope, and research.
2. Bachelors degree in accounting required.
3. Minimum one year experience supervising and directing work of staff auditors.
4. Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
5. A current and valid certified public accountant's license is preferred and will be required prior to promotion into management.
6. Prefer experience with a Big-4, national, or large local CPA firm specializing in external financial audit, preferably with exposure to high tech clients.
1. Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm their philosophy.
2. Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
3. Support colleagues and value others’ contributions
4. Outstanding oral and written communication skills
5. Excellent interpersonal skills
The firm also has a need for additional Partners, Managers, and Seniors in Los Angeles, San Jose, and Woodland Hills.
Key words: CPA, CPA, tax, tax, audit, audit, assurance, assurance, IPO, Big-4, Big-4 CPA, SOX, SOX
Salary : $60,000 – $85,000