Are you a Development Director who has experience leading the fund raising efforts for a non profit organization? Are you a Development Director who wants to play a key role in the growth of a non profit organization that Builds Better Futures for Young Children? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client, Early Childhood Alliance (ECA), headquartered in Fort Wayne, IN, is a recognized leader in its field. For over 60 years ECA has provided programs and services to meet the early childhood education needs of children, first in Fort Wayne/Allen County and today across 10 counties in northern Indiana. As the Development Director, reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for managing and implementing the agency’s campaign efforts, establishing new relationships with potential donors, and cultivating current relationships while increasing visibility of ECA and future funding supports.
- Creates and directs strategic development plans with guidance of the Board Development Committee. Manages the short and long-range development strategies in accordance with policies and priorities.
- Builds awareness of the mission, vision and programs of ECA among key publics, with emphasis on expanding donor prospects.
- Establishes strong relationships with strategic partners in the 10 counties served by ECA. Develops new individual, corporate and foundation relationships, and cultivates current donor relations.
- Provides leadership to the Board to strengthen fund development and branding. Assists the Board with various requests and tasks as needed.
- Serves as staff liaison with the Board Governance Committees. Attends board and committee meetings and assists in implementing fund development, special events and planned-giving strategies.
- Works with the program staff to research and submit proposals to foundations, state, federal government, United Ways, civic groups and corporations. Responsible for grant writing and submission and meeting grant proposal and reporting deadlines.
- Researches, cultivates, and solicits major gifts by fostering long-term relationships with potential viable donors.
- Ensures timely donor acknowledgements and accurate maintenance of confidential donor records; maintains accurate donor tracking system. Coordinates and tracks in-kind contributions.
Your background should include:
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field. Associate's degree may be considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fund development. Candidates who have strong sales experience with a proven track record of fostering and engaging in relationship building may be considered.
- Knowledge and/or experience with donor software, ie. Donor Perfect, etc. strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; strong organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in annual campaign programs, corporate and foundation fund development, and donor relations highly preferred.
- Ability to fully and accurately communicate the needs, interests and accomplishments of Early Childhood Alliance to a wide range of constituencies.
- Demonstrating a critical eye for detail, including grammar, punctuation and spelling to ensure high quality publications for internal and external use.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to raise significant financial support for Early Childhood Alliance.
- CFRE credential a plus
ECA has a preference for local/commutable candidates. Candidates from other parts of IN and from MI and OH will be considered. Relocation assistance may offered.
Salary : $50,000 – $65,000