Our client has an important need for a Director of Pharmacy in South Carolina near Greer, SC. An area that is rich in southern hospitality and a climate that offers all 4 seasons with a huge host of outdoor activities to be offered. If you are looking for work/life balance, this is the place to be.
This is a “working director” role. Some order processing involved and covering shifts when pharmacists are out on PTO; also, this Director will have some project responsibilities for example Pharmagistics rollout/possibly Alaris pump conversion. To be considered you should have at least 2 yrs management/ leadership experience in a large hospital. .(Medication safety, did mentorships, Joint Commission.) Opportunity for career growth here.
More about the DOING of this role:
- oversight for all operations within the pharmacy- includes staffing, workflow, ops, safety, any kind of regulatory items
- Hours are 8-5pm Mon- Friday. The Director acts as a staff pharmacist if people take time off.
- collaborate on savings and clinical initiatives
- Director will become a member of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee which meets once a month.
- You will have 6 direct reports- 3 pharmacists and 3 techs
- You will be participating in Automation Analysis (Pyxis) and Procurement
- In this role you will be running the team (supervisors and staff), day to day ops of the pharmacy – all regulatory issues, surveyed by various bodies – Joint Commission, CMS, as well as any staffing needs, equipment needs – operational and to a certain degree strategic.
- Able to prepare preliminary budget
Must haves our client needs in a qualified candidate:
- Problem solver
- Be able to explain any metrics/ data you have achieved as it pertains to reducing costs.
- Some previous leadership experience
- understands regulatory requirements
- strong sense of operational tactics associated with pharmacy
- It is a plus if you have some knowledge of LEAN principles
- Proven track record of moving the department up.
- If you are an out of state candidate, you must be able to obtain licensure in SC. Licensure is a 6-8 week process and if hired, your first day of work will be upon licensure.
You should have experience achieving the following goals:
1. Helping the dept to execute corp strategic quality plan
2. Helping to execute HPI safety initiatives
3. Operational goals include – compliance with USP 797 USP 800
4. Diversion prevention program
5. Helping to support supervisors and their goals
The reason this position is open is due to the current Director being promoted to a higher volume facility within the system.
Our client offers great benefits and a very competitive salary that goes well into the six figures. Salary depends on years of experience. Client also offers Leadership Incentive which is target bonus of 7.5% up to 11.25% based on facility meeting it’s fiscal year strategic goals :
To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume to us along with your salary requirement and the best days and times to reach you.