Summary: Director of Strategic Sourcing must have the knowledge and ability to effectively manage all aspects of sourcing function. Effective communication with all team members acting in a purchasing and sourcing capacity is a must. The key elements will primarily consist of price, delivery, schedule flexibility, quality and all related accounts payable issues. Director of Strategic Sourcing is expected to develop sourcing strategies that fit business unit requirements. Director of Strategic Sourcing is required to actively support the Company's corporate procurement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and update sourcing practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards and regulations.
- Supervise strategic sourcing team members using the principles set forth by the Company Way of Management.
- Monitor department goals and objectives as well as team members.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss to discuss performance metrics, provide performance feedback and discuss other issues or upcoming programs.
- Develop long term sourcing strategies that fit business unit requirements.
- Actively participate and lead Company corporate initiatives.
- Drive continuous improvement within the sourcing organization.
- Lead sourcing team in their effort to reduce the total cost of ownership of purchase parts.
- Establish strategic partnership with key supplier base.
- Oversee and support the competitive and timely material cost quotations to support the business activity.
- Oversee and support supplier related Quality maintenance including buyer support of part issues, selection, audit, and ratings of suppliers.
- Maintain and update quality and operating procedures related to purchasing and supplier maintenance and control.
- Support Company group and divisional initiatives.
- Oversee and support the U.S. purchasing activity.
Salary : $81,000 – $105,000