Controls experience for a PRODUCT is required. We do NOT want industrial automation people.
This job can be located in either Oklahoma or Wisconsin (your choice) with this exceptional company who a leader in the development of machine controls, Horizontal Directional Drill (HDD) guidance and utility locating tools for the underground construction industry.
Their engineers provide the innovative drive for best-in-class products applying control algorithms, HIL/SIL tools, electromagnetic field theory, radar technologies, wireless communication schemes and robust embedded system design to create solutions that can withstand the harsh environments of our industry.
Basically, they are bringing the 21st century to the construction industry.
This company offers an exceptional work environment, salary, benefits (including relocation), and continuous career advancement potential.
Due to the sustained growth of their business, we have been retained to help fill 6 different engineering positions in their R&D group. Due to the convenient multisite structure of the company, any of these positions can be in either Lake Mills, Wisconsin or Perry, Oklahoma.
This particular role is for an Electrical Design Engineer – Control Systems, who will
- work closely with the Research, Development and Engineering Team to design, develop and maintain machine controls, electronic locating, tracking, and guidance systems.
- Develop, debug and/or improve electronic designs for embedded controls, displays, and communication applications in the underground construction market.
- Participate in the definition and specification of new products.
- As an individual or team member, design and implement high-quality electronics and firmware solutions that meet product requirements.
- Resolve integration issues that involve multiple controllers and/or developers.
- Work closely with electronic, system and software design engineers to optimize overall product performance.
- Provide product technical support to internal customer support resources.
- Participate in the development of software to interface with product test equipment.
- Work with software engineers to define interfaces and optimize hardware/software performance.
- Thoroughly test and evaluate the embedded electronics to ensure maximum quality and functionality.
- Create hardware & firmware design and validation documentation.
• US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
• Relevant industry experience in analog & digital circuit design and component selection.
• Experience in the selection and use of 8, 16, and 32 bit microcontrollers and microprocessors.
• Experience in low-power electronics and power supply design.
• Experience in C / C++ programming language, data structure and/or object-oriented design.
• Experience with communications protocols including RS-232, CANOpen and SAE J1939.
• Knowledge of EMC/EMI design requirements.
• Knowledge of simulation tools like MathWorks MatLab, Simulink, Stateflow, and Embedded Coder.
• Knowledge of Embedded Operating Systems (OS) like Linux, iOS, Windows, etc.
Salary : $1 – $1