Solid manufacturing client of ours is in need of an Electrical Field Service specialist open to travel.
Summary: Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Installs new or modified equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Develops service handbooks and bulletins based on field investigations, engineering changes, and overall knowledge of product.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
- Recommends cost-cutting measures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Returns phone-calls and e-mails within 24-hours except for weekends and other time off. Meets commitments.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Written Communication – Presents data effectively.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree and two to three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary : $50,000 – $65,000