International manufacturer of machinery used in food processing, agriculture and other industrial endeavors has immediate need for Electrical Manager.
The Senior Electrical Manager will oversee and perform the design, programming, documentation, testing, and commissioning of control system projects.
Reports to: Vice President
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete the following as well as other duties which may be assigned.
- Provides Application/control systems design and development for systems of varying complexity.
- Develops and evaluates alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements.
- Modifies program/system logic involving multiple systems subsystems.
- Develops proficiency in several programming languages and control device networks for PLCs, PCs, or DCS systems.
- Interacts with customers to gain an understanding of the business environment. Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned work.
- Works with a strong focus on customer service and personal growth.
Minimum of a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college / university. Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in industrial controls and systems integration with a strong focus (50%) on software design and programming. Other qualifications include:
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing to learn new technologies quickly.
- Material handling or process control design, development and troubleshooting experience.
- Rockwell Control PLC programming experience.
- Networking experience including Ethernet/IP, ControlNet, and DeviceNet.
- Experience successfully interacting and working with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours if necessary to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications.
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check is required.
- Development and troubleshooting experience of advanced motion control systems including multi-axis, coordinated axis applications is a plus.
- Experience with HMI, FactoryTalk and Rockwell platforms.
- Food or beverage experiences a plus.
- Experience successfully managing projects with teams of engineers.
- Experience successfully managing technical projects through the entire project cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, commissioning and closing phases.
- Familiar with common project management tools for managing budget, schedule and scope of various projects.
- Experience mentoring engineers on a technical level
Salary : $80,000 – $100,000