International manufacturer of machinery used in food processing, agriculture and other industrial endeavors has immediate need for engineering manager.
The Engineering Manager will oversee all daily operations of the Engineering Department from Concept Creation thru Final Detailing and Pre-Ordering phases, ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
Reports to: Vice President and Project Managers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete the following as well as other duties which may be assigned.
- Act as the liaison between project managers and the engineering staff to ensure equipment and plans are designed to customer expectations.
- Effectively communicate engineering lead times and project status to project managers.
- Manage multiple projects to ensure results meet requirements regarding Quality, Schedule. Cost and technical requirements.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Develop and maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Stay up to date with latest Engineering management best practices and concepts.
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus.
- Effectively learn and utilize the ERP system
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop staff.
- Role model Fusion Tech values and behaviors by embracing and participating in an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication, mutual trust & respect, expectations and accountability, and a passion for excellence.
- Understands, applies and advocates all Company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Understands, applies and advocates all Company Quality Standards.
- Attends all prerequisite training as required by management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or comparable technical degree. BSME preferred. Ten (10) years of manufacturing experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Other qualifications include:
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision.
- Strong team building, quick decision-making and people management skills.
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions from the groups with which the functional relationships exist. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical, diagrammatic, blueprint or verbal forms.
Salary : $70,000 – $100,000