Are you a Facilities Manager who wants to be part of a growing manufacturing company that continues to expand its operations which includes buying new plant location and further expanding current locations? Are you a Facilities Manager who has experience working with building construction and utility requirements? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a major supplier to the OEM medical device industry, and business is strong. With the continued growth in business, our client is physically expanding its 14 Fort Wayne locations as well as acquiring new locations for plant operations. As Facilities Manager, reporting to the Director of Facilities, the majority of your time will be devoted to projects related to the expansion of the current facilities and the renovation of newly acquired buildings. Additionally, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance team of approximately 45 employees, which includes 4 Facilities Coordinators who handle most of the day to day issues in maintenance for a 3 shift operation.
As Facilities Manager your overall responsibility will be to support the design, planning, facilities process management, construction management, construction and maintenance phases of our client's production buildings, grounds, and other facilities as well as equipment, and production machinery.
As Facilities Manager you will:
- Coordinate building space allocation and layout of production and office spaces. Create drawings to design best use of floor and office space. Consult with managers to help in decision making.
- Support facility expansions, renovation/modification projects, and assist with any required construction projects as directed by the Director of Facilities.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the building, grounds, equipment, ad plant facilities; coordinate with outside contractors as necessary.
- Participate in the organization of utility services/infrastructure installations, modifications, and updates.
- Responsible for keeping our client's company in compliance and be conscious of all facility related OSHA and building code requirements.
- Monitor the performance of Maintenance Coordinators, Facilities Coordinator, Facilities Assistant, Maintenance Technicians, and Preventative Maintenance Technicians while promoting personal development and providing guidance on performing individual tasks.
- Guide the Maintenance Coordinators ensuring they are properly managing their team and leading successful completion of maintenance requirements.
- Act as back up to the Director of Facilities, as the liaison for the security company responding to emergencies, monitoring access badges and control of access control.
- Interface with various departments to interpret company needs to outside contractors for facility improvements.
As Facilities Manger your background should include:
- Bachelor's degree in a facilities or a technical degree. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in a facilities role
- Strong supervisory skills
- General knowledge of building construction and utility requirements
- Understanding of Indiana Building and Fire Codes
- Ability to interface with various in house departments to interpret company's needs to outside contractors for facility improvements
- Willingness to attend OSHA 30 hour Construction Training
- Strong CAD skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read blueprints as well as create and modify drawings using CAD software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly
- Ability to prioritize and multi task
- Track record of being a self starter
- Willingness to travel back and forth between various facilities
There is NO relocation assistance offered. Our client is seeking only local/commutable candidates.
Salary : $1 – $1