We are seeking a Senior Field Application Engineer for a solid manufacturing client of ours. This person must have the ability to multi-task, excellent phone skills, negotiating skills, technical writing skills, order specification writing and organizational skills.
Reporting to the Director of Customer & Product Support, this position is expected to make decisions to assist the Application Engineering team and Sales Team to successfully complete quotations and orders on time, within scope and in accordance with authorized cost figures. The candidate will also build positive professional relationships with our internal and external customers.
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to the Application Engineer to allow them to complete quotations, and negotiate final pricing based on competitive market information within agreed time frame.
- Senior Field Application Engineers will fully determine the technical and commercial requirements for quotations and provide the information to the Application Engineer to complete the quote
- After reviewing a bid request and determining the quote complexity level, the Senior Field Application Engineer will determine, if necessary, to run and manage any Technical Bid Review (TBR) meeting. The Field Application Engineer will assist any after-TBR activities until completion.
- Will support Application Engineering and Order Management for our “blanket” type or key strategic customers.
- Conduct training products for Application Engineers and customers. Customer training can take place at our facility or at the customer site. Field Application Engineer will assist in developing all training Power Points and other related documentation required by the customer’s application.
- Work with customer and sales representatives to design and develop a custom solution that satisfies the customer’s requirements while maintaining company profitability. This activity can take place at any of our facilities or at the customer site.
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to the AE in preparation for meetings involving large bids (Major Bids).
- Serve as the technical “backstop” for issues relating to application performance.
- Consult with various departments to resolve technical issues that arise during the opportunity lifecycle
- Identify opportunities to develop technical papers and sales success stories. Assist in preparing those documents as additional sales tools for Sales Team
- Identify and assist in the writing of application guides for our products
- Ensure order development activity is customer focused, results orientated, performance driven and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements.
- Maintain strong support for and interact with the Regional Vice Presidents and outside sales representatives in the bid process which includes quotation development, order spec review and all order management activities.
- Point person for sales calls required by the Sales Team. This includes general customer visits, demos, training sessions, and Lunch and Learns.
- Provide timely and effective communication to internal and external customers.
- Maintain customer files, including customer’s specific requirements as defined within the team’s protocol including but not limited to ISO or Work Instruction or procedure.
- Attend sales meetings and trade shows as appropriate.
- Fully participate in company meetings including department specific meetings.
- Report to Product Management Voice of the Customer feedback, new requirements, needs and applications seen in the market and industry.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) (Electrical Engineering degree preferred) from four-year college or university is required and a minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in an application engineering or comparable role.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be verse in Microsoft Office Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Salary : $75,000 – $95,000