Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Reports To: Service Manager
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintaining effective customer support by providing service to all
Company machinery at a customer’s location under limited supervision at Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Installs, repairs, inspects, sets up and tests the Company’s machinery and equipment.
2. Diagnoses and troubleshoots machinery malfunctions by listening and looking for unusual sounds or characteristics and discussing issues, problems or status with supervisor and other service technicians and customers.
3. Dismantles defective machines, equipment or parts and installs, adjusts and tests new or repaired parts.
4. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings gears and other parts of machinery.
5. Installs and repairs electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment such as transformers and wiring.
6. Installs and repairs hydraulic, coolant or air systems which are associated with the machine.
7. Repairs or replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and other machine related equipment.
8. Returns all remaining parts with the correct paper work and correct packaging to the Company’s office.
9. Submits all service paper work and expenses weekly, and on time.
10. Provides maintenance training for colleagues and customers on and offsite. Completes cross training of all machines and controls.
11. Supports and informs the Service Manager on a daily basis of any service related matters.
12. Maintains a neatly organized, clean and safe work area.
13. Maintains the highest level of professionalism and integrity while working on the customer site or in the office.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and
responsibility according to the requirements of Corporation. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Company-related Competencies – To perform this job successfully, all employees of Corporation must
demonstrate the following competencies;
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of Corporation above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; and meets commitments.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports Corporation’s goals and values; benefits Corporation through outside activities and supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Oral and Written Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Job-related Competencies – To perform this job successfully, incumbents in this job should demonstrate the following competencies;
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in electronics, hydraulics, or other mechanical-related field; and two year’s related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment where field service skills were essential to the overall operations of the organization is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Computer software skills required include: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe. Ability to operate a printer, copy machine, scanner and other office equipment is desired.
Employee must have the ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly. In addition, this position requires an understanding of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic principles and practices, while paying close attention to detail is essential.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: A strong knowledge of the Company’s products and services is required. This position requires both domestic and international travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; and walk. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell; and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without an
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional
vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The normal office hours at Corporation are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, employees
in this position may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions and is
occasionally exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high precarious places, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration, and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is
Salary : $50,000 – $75,000