FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN – JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install, repair, and troubleshoot machine tools
- Enter service reports
- Diagnose mechanical, PLC, and electrical problems, performing mechanical and electrical repairs, install new machines.
- Control experience with Siemens, Fanuc, Mitsubishi
- Machine tool field and installation knowledge and experience
- Strong Machine tool alignment experience
- Strong mechanical background in installing axis Linear Guides, Ball Screws, Saddles & Slides
- Strong experience in laser positioning and applying compensation for machine tool axes
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings, set axis home positions, read & understand Fanuc Ladder Logic
- Thorough understanding of Control I/O cards and how to troubleshoot
- Understands the relationship between axis motors and feedback systems for each axis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate possess 5+ year of experience with CNC Lathes, Machining Centers and EDM
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) year degree or higher preferred, or four years military experience in Electrical/Mechanical systems.
- Excellent Communication skills oral and written
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft word and excel
- Applicants must be willing to travel in Michigan, and potentially the U.S., mainly the Midwest.
- Positive, professional attitude and customer service background
- Minimum 40 hrs. week and up to 60 hrs. per week with a minimum of 5 years’ experience on CNC Machine Tool Repair.
- Need to travel throughout the US and Canada, and will based out of Livonia, MI
- Must have his own tools, special tools will be supplied.
- Must have good skills in trouble shooting electrical and mechanical machine problems.
- Knowing metrology a plus (Ball Bar Hamar laser)
- Knowing third party option installs of probes, tool setter, 4th & 5th axis rotary tables, and bar feeders.
Salary : $50,000 – $62,500