We are looking for someone with a background from the motor control/power industry/solar converter/wind generators etc.
Our client is a well known global manufacturer of technology that is used in corporate IT data centers. They have been profitable every year for almost 2 generations and are continuing to grow.
Due to the growth of their business, there is an immediate need to expand their team by adding an expert level Firmware Engineer to their R&D team in Chicago.
This work will involve developing firmware which runs on a deeply embedded system using a variety of controllers, ranging from 32-bit DSPs to 8bit micros. They use board-level communication buses such as USB HID, SPI, and I2C.
The Firmware Engineer MUST be familiar with control systems, embedded communications and some Windows host application development using the .Net platform.
- 4 year Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience designing firmware for power supplies or motor controls
- Experience using C and assembly languages on microcontrollers
- Very good working knowledge of USB, especially HID class
- Experience with Visual Basic/C# development
- Knowledge of communication buses, such as I2C and USART (RS232)
Salary : $110,000 – $125,000