Our client is a very well established international manufacturer of metal stamped products and assemblies for many different industries–They have an immediate need at their Corporate Headquarters near Cleveland for a Global Supply Chain Manager with steel background, preferably with some automotive experience.
Supply Chain Management
- Meet the supply chain needs of each Plant Manager / General Manager within Global Footprint.
- Responsible for materials management, including inventory levels, scheduling, container levels, scrap recovery, packaging, shipping and receiving.
- Investigate and secure vendors for materials and any other required raw materials and supplies. This includes completing and analyzing Material Requisition Forms
- Manage inventory for Plants to ensure that required materials and/or equipment are available when production is scheduled to begin
- Effectively manage and improve the transactional accuracy of inventory to maintain accurate inventory balances and limit significant inventory adjustments
- Work with suppliers to achieve the required level of performance for quality and delivery. If a supplier is unable to meet these goals, suggest corrective action, including resourcing product.
- Work with production to establish required inventory levels
- Investigate and secure vendors for MRO items for all North American locations.
- Place certain orders with vendors and communicate their response with the requisitioner. Receive approvals on prices and purchases. Follow up with vendors to ensure proper delivery
- Procurement, purchasing, and maintenance of vendor files for raw materials
- JIT and planning schedules for raw materials
- Negotiate yearly pricing on contracts and blanket purchases
- Know and understand manufacturing capabilities and how those capabilities match the needs of a given customer or market
- Effectively coordinate material and outside processing to support SMOOTH NML
- Process customer releases and purchase orders
- Work with logistics, vendors and customer service to secure proper cost effective freight accommodations
- Proactively perform supplier audits to ensure suppliers’ quality and delivery capabilities and report feedback to supplier and management
- Follow all applicable IATF 16949 policies, procedures and work instructions
- Generally, perform all other duties as required.
At minimum Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Global Supply Chain
10 years Management or related field / experience
Salary : $100,000 – $150,000