Are you a Human Resources Generalist who wants to move into the Human Resources Manager role for a growing, privately held manufacturing plant? Are you a Human Resources Generalist who has experience in a non-union manufacturing environment with a culture of caring? If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then you should consider this opportunity.
In this role, you will support a two shift, 4-10 hour day manufacturing operation with 100 employees, which includes a significant temporary labor force. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of employment recruiting and hiring, administering employee benefits, administration of company policies, performance management, compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, administration of the Plant Safety Program and overseeing plant training needs and programs. You will have HR support from our client's corporate headquarters located in northern Indiana.
Your focus will be in three major areas:
- Keeping the plant union free by applying all policies and policies consistently which includes making sure all managers and supervisors have appropriate training. Make certain performance reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintaining strong communication with employees in an effort to create and maintain an employee friendly culture. This includes written communications such as newsletters as well as employee activities such as employee luncheons/dinners, group fundraising activities, team building activities, etc. These types of activities will closely mirror the corporate culture which needs to be transferred to the plant.
- Working closely with the temporary on-site professional to assist with hourly recruiting in an effort to reduce hourly turnover of the temporary workforce and attract quality hourly employees. Additionally, you will work with the on-site professional and the temporary workforce to create a workforce that integrates well with the regular hourly workforce to form a seamless team.
Your background must include:
- Bachelors’ degree preferred. Will consider a non degreed candidate with strong experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an HR generalist in a non-union manufacturing environment
- A working experience with Spanish a plus
- Experience in a heavy industrial, machining plant
- Solid employee relations experience, with a track record of spending time on the floor with the hourly workforce
- Experience working with area benefit surveys and compensation strategies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, and Power point
Our client is seeking local/commutable candidates as there is no relocation assistance offered.
Salary : $55,000 – $65,000