Our client is major manufacturer of refrigeration equipment. They need a Sr. Systems Engineer who is strong in the design of Refrigeration / HVAC / temperature controls. The position is located in the Twin Cities. In this role you will be tasked with providing global control system engineering support of transport refrigeration units and auxiliary power units.
- Provide expertise for product development:
- Modeling and simulation with Matlab & Simulink
- Requirements elicitation & analysis
- Controls algorithm development
- On multiple platforms:
- Transport refrigeration units
- Hybrid power electric systems
- New product development and continuation engineering
- Lead Cross-functional teams:
- Developing beneficial relationships with internal and external suppliers
- Driving project execution and achieve project milestones
- Introduction of new technologies and processes
- Develop dynamic component and system models for refrigeration controls systems
- Document and present results of in-depth data analysis and recommendations, formally and informally
- Draft disclosures to capture intellectual property
- Integrate electronic control subsystems into mechanical systems
- Conduct feasibility studies and ideation events with cross-functional teams for refrigeration technology
- Identify new technologies and products that can be applied to refrigeration systems
- Maintain & develop software tools to improve development, testing, and troubleshooting
- Author test plans, conduct testing, analyze and interpret results and execute design updates based on the results
- Troubleshoot and solve field issues to provide technical support for global departments
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or Software Engineering (or similar discipline) and at least 7 years controls or systems engineering experience is required. Master's degree in Engineering is a plus.
- Refrigeration / HVAC / temperature Controls systems design
- Industry or academic experience in control system modeling with MATLAB / Simulink and Stateflow (or equivalent)
- Design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) and design validation plan and report (DVP&R)
- Product architecture methods, functional analysis or product family design
- Experience with 6σ analysis and reporting tools: A3, 8D, Fishbone / 5-whys etc.
- Very competitive salary
- Health and Life Insurance
- Strong 401K
- Relocation assistance if needed
Sorry no visa sponsorship is available.
Move your career forward and apply now! We review all resumes and applications submitted. One of our staff will reach out to directly if you meet the qualifications for the role.
Salary : $85,000 – $110,000