Our client needs an off shift Supervisor. The schedule is from 6 PM to 7 AM using a 2-2-3 rotation, working 3 days one week (36 hours) and 4 days the next (48 hours). The company is a world class injection molding operation. However, the key to this job is good supervisory and leadership experience.
- Supervise and evaluate all employees. Handles performance reviews for assigned shift. Holds employees accountable to complete job tasks and when needed, complete and process Performance Action Reports.
- Responsible for promoting team building by interacting with everyone on the shift.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate staff to achieve work goals.
- Handles Shift reporting.
- Effective communication and coordination with Human Resource Department.
- Perform orientations and oversee training for new employees
- Know and follow all of the company’s safety rules
- Serve as a good role model to employees for safe work practices and behavior by conducting yourself professionally, keeping in mind your own safety and the safety of others.
- Learn and master all necessary areas of the quality system.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Manage the priorities and deployment of the people and all production activity on the assigned shift. Prioritize production runs and make rates on production at the established quality level. Responsibility for the performance of jobs being run.
- Schedules, assigns, and performs time and attendance for operators in each cell to specific jobs in the Employee Scheduler. Provides for press coverage during operator breaks and reallocation of operators. Ability to coordinate press and operator schedules to optimize production ensuring Operators are being cross trained on all types of presses.
- Approve production cell for production.
- Ensure that the highest standards of quality are maintained in the molding department. Train and develop production employees to performing the job effectively. Responsible for supporting and meeting the requirements for Career development plans and any associated training(s). Coordinates and handles any updated training requirements per the quality system.
- Documents production notes.
- Works with quality to determine root cause of non-conforming parts and develops an action plan.
- Associates degree and 3+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Injection Molding experience is a plus
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Health, Dental and Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- 401K with match
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
There is a strong preference for local candidates but people with roots in the area are will be considered
Jumps start your career and apply now! We review all resumes and applications submitted. A staff member will contact you directly if you meet the qualifications for the position.
Salary : $65,000 – $80,000