ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is the Internet’s most-trafficked one-stop digital media company specializing in all facets of “positive life changing events” Founded almost 20 years ago the company has quickly become America's leading platform reaching out to millions through its award-winning website, books, magazines and broadcast offerings.
Our Client is looking for an experienced and motivated Inside Sales Manager. In this role, the Inside Sales Manager will lead a team of Inside Local Sales Executives to meet and exceed monthly new business revenue goals as they target small to medium sized businesses in the wedding industry across the country. In this role, you will be responsible for managing, mentor, train, recruit and drive a team's success while exceeding monthly sales goals. Position is based in Manhattan.
- Manage a team of 10-12 Inside Sales Reps. Marketing and selling local digital and print advertising
- Interviewing, hiring, training and maintaining accountability of your team
- Conducting regularly scheduled team meetings and training sessions
- Join your team on sales calls and in sales meetings when assistance is needed
- Meet the team’s monthly and annual new business sales goals
- Analyze and use data to meet goals
- Collaborate with individual sales team members and research to identify category positioning needs, educate on best responses, and reinforce marketplace standing
- Collaborate daily with internal teams including editorial, PR, etc. to keep informed of latest news and update sales development team
- Develop and facilitate continuous improvement of sales techniques and execution by team
- Continuously iterate and monitor consistent sales performance and sales results
- Identify inefficiencies in our sales process and sales performance and act to core
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- 10-15 years relevant experience in sales and inside sales
- 3-5 years managing an Inside Sales Team. Some account management skill set would be ideal
- Prior experience in local digital and magazine advertising
- Excellent time-management, organization and multi-tasking skills—able to manage all assigned projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including outside sales, marketing, editorial, product, and operations
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong public speaking skills for leading a large team and engaging clients and potential clients.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Google Docs, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Health Benefits, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Free drinks and snacks, Game Room, Guest speakers and learning events, volunteering opportunities, and a mentor program.
- Amazing Coworkers, Unlimited vacation (you need time, take it!), Weekly happy hours – enjoy a few drinks with your amazing co-workers, Transparent and approachable executives