Our client is one of the largest privately-owned U.S. tower companies that develops, owns, operates and manages approximately 1,500 telecommunications towers and sites for wireless carriers across the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, and Australia. They operate more than 20 major DAS venues nationwide.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining an effective overall internal controls environment and reviewing and writing accounting policy and procedures as required.
- Supports the company’s entity-wide compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principle and internal control in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Works closely with multiple business units in their risk, compliance and control analysis.
- Build test plans to examine controls across all areas of accounting and conducted walkthroughs of controls with accounting directors, managers and staff.
- Perform regular Quality Assurance reviews, and testing of internal controls to ensure compliance with the required test plans and documentation requirements. Auditor will compile a report on each of their findings.
- Audit will develop and enhance accounting process and procedures, perform post close testing and write conclusions. Focus on compliance assurance, policy and procedure documentation, and controllership oversight is a critical of their responsibility.
- Conduct controls reviews of various projects across the Finance function at management’s request. Controls reviews typically include interviewing business leaders, reviewing existing documentation, documenting results of the review, and communicating results to management.
- Support process improvements and behavior changes leading to a more effective control environment. The candidate will follow up on actions taken by management to remediate findings. Retesting will be conducted on priority issues.
- Collaborate with the business to identify areas of risk and operational efficiencies.
- Strengthen controls, improve risk management and provide solutions to senior management. Assist the business in meeting its objectives.
- Design and execute financial and operational audit programs to address high risk areas.
- Assess operations and the control environment to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Evaluate the significance of audit findings and make practical recommendations to senior management.
- Prepare written audit reports to document findings and recommendations.
- Serve as a leader within the business, to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
- Communicate with and educate process owners, including non-finance individuals, on the importance of controls, an effective control environment and the role of Internal Audit.
- The Auditor must have an active CPA, will report to the CFO and have an open channel to the board when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited university or college CPA
- Four or more years of relevant work experience, preferably 2 years with a Big 4 accounting firm
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of departments
- Effective critical thinking skills
- Writing clear, concise reports for use by key stakeholders.
- Working with management to develop solutions for any issues identified
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Visio. and PowerPoint
- Experience evaluating SOX requirements; identifying controls, control gap analysis, risk assessment and evaluating testing effectiveness
- Proven written and verbal communications skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Sound decision making and problem-solving skills
Salary : $70,000 – $90,000