*** Please use our project code 0614-B when submitting credentials ******
My client located in a town about 30 Miles from Grand Rapids, Michigan is looking for a Logistics Director. They are one of the most technologically advanced manufacturers of heating related products in the world. They have roughly 1000 employees. They ship Worldwide.
Responsibilities of position:
The Ideal candidate will be responsible for oversight of all logistics management functions including Production Planning and Scheduling, Inventory Management, Warehousing, order fulfillment and transportation within all domestic operations. You will lead and develop a team of managers, supervisors, logistics professionals and administrative support personnel at multiple locations, as well as ensure effective coordination of material storage, movement and transportation to optimize working capital investment and customer satisfaction.
***** Your key goal will be implementing new as well as refining current systems to create an efficient blend of inventory and JIT. You will have 15- 20 direct/ indirect reports. ******
Technical Skills and Requirements:
- 10+ years in Logistics Management including Warehouse Operations. (Preferably managing multiple locations).
- Demonstrated of World Class, Lean Manufacturing Systems implementation. (JIT, Kanban, Push-pull, etc.)
- Experience using and implementing TMS (Transportation Management Software) and WMS (Warehouse Mgmt Software) or similar experience with ERP/MRP systems (Oracle, Baan, SAP, etc.)
- Experience with a high volume shipping operation that has multiple Sku’s.
- Demonstrated experience using MRP, understanding Scheduling systems, etc.
- BS Degree preferred (in Logistics or Supply Chain Management desired)
- APICS / CSCP certifications are desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Computers (i.e. Microsoft office)
- Ability to lead and hold people accountable
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing principles
Responsibilities of position:
- Leads logistics team to provide seamless coordination for all shipping and receiving, warehouse management, and production planning/customer service to ensure effective support of production operations and customer satisfaction.
- Direct distribution center operation to achieve productivity, accuracy and timeliness.
- Managing all Carrier Negotiations and Contracts (i.e. rates and services).
- Develop, implement and measure KPI’s pertinent to department goals/objectives including Carrier performance and delivery attainment to customers
- Optimize the finished good warehouse layouts to maximize use of space and create efficient material handling routes.
- Implement robust systems for scheduling carriers and deliveries to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Improve damaged product losses due to current methods of moving product within the facility.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Mange all import/export processes to minimize costs and achieve customer expectations.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Work with carriers to ensure carrier compliance with DOT and BWC policies and/or procedures for product transit/delivery and equipment.
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Comply with and understand current and future regulatory environment with respect to the freight industry.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
Salary: $70 -120K depending on experience. + 25% Bonus
Benefits: They offer a Comprehensive Benefits package, and will provide a customized relocation package for the ideal candidate. Eligible employees will participate an extensive retirement program.
Salary : $70,000 – $120,000