Are you a Machining Supervisor who has experience working with thread rolling machines? Are you a Machining Supervisor who wants to be a big fish in a small pond? Are you a Machining Supervisor who wants to play a key role in the amazing growth of our client's company? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a small privately held company that sells to two different industries: fluid power and marine. Business is booming, and our client is on track to have the best year in the history of the company. As the Machining Supervisor, reporting to the President, you will manage a team of 3-4 production workers on a first shift operation. This is a very hands on role. You must be willing to not only motivate and manage your team, but you also must be willing to work along side your team when needed to get finished parts out the door. As part of the production team, you will participate in the monthly gain-sharing program that has had great pay-outs this year.
As Machining Supervisor you will:
- Work with, supervise and coordinate the activities of production workers engaged in setting up and operating production and related machines. Work on the floor operating production and related machines.
- Train new workers in setup, operation and maintenance of machines as well as other equipment required in the performance of their work assignments.
- Direct workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Analyze work orders to determine production schedules following the production time lines as determined, in part, by the Pull Method of Manufacturing.
- From time to time be responsible for the set up, programming, operation and troubleshooting of the Company’s production and related machinery.
- Be responsible for keeping the machines clean, repaired and to perform scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Oversee the safety and general housekeeping of the machining areas.
- Be responsible for the reduction of set up time and machining time through process improvements.
- Train workers and assists in the inspection of products in process following the Buddy Check Program.
- From time to time plan the flow of materials through the department and develop physical layout of machines according to production process requirements.
- Maintain the raw material inventory, WIP, tooling, gauges, finished goods, production areas in a neat, clean and organized manner.
- Handle selection, repair and storing of required machine tooling.
- Adhere to the processes, procedures and program of the Company’s Quality Program.
- Enter, review, and edit production routers.
- Make recommendations for additional machines and equipment.
- Perform Internal Auditor function for the Company’s Quality Program.
As a Machining Supervisor your background should just include:
- A minimum of 5 years of production supervision experience
- Solid experience working with thread rolling machines a MUST
- Lean manufacturing experience with a preference for experience with PULL Method of manufacturing
- Strong oral communication skills
Our client is only interested in LOCAL candidates, as there is no relocation offered.
Salary : $50,000 – $60,000