Solid Manufacturing client of ours is looking to hire a Machinist. The job description is the following:
Summary: Performs duties required to machine to close tolerances various sprockets, shafts, or other parts utilized on conveyer systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Work from blueprints, sketches, charts, tables, work orders, verbal and written instructions.
- Set up and operate engine lathe, computer operated numerical controlled lathes and mills to machine a variety of sprockets, shafts, clutch castings and other necessary parts utilized in the manufacture of conveyer system units.
- Perform taper and straight cuts, boring and counter boring, threading, cut off milling, drilling and tapping operations as required.
- Adhere to blueprint sketch, or particular part to obtain dimensional size required to produce particular piece.
- Make certain established tolerances are maintained.
- Obtain necessary jigs, fixtures, and tooling required to handle particular operation.
- Determine sequence of machining function and set tools in fixture.
- Make certain fixtures and tooling are securely fastened in place and perform pretest procedure prior to run to ensure correctness of setup.
- Make necessary changes in tooling to maintain expected tolerances.
- Use forklift equipment and floor controlled overhead crane equipment as necessary to move parts and materials; use care to lift and balance loads properly; operate equipment in a safe manner.
- Exercise proper care in the use of tools, equipment and materials.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation – Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information.
- Math – Must have basic knowledge of shop math.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
KNOWLEDGE: Must be able to read blueprints and a tape measure. Able to calculate speeds and feeds, read inside and outside micrometers and dial calipers. Set up manual lathes and drills.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Over 3 and up to 5 years of previous qualifying experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary : $30,000 – $42,000