- Responsible to eliminate all causes of failure and ensure full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel.
- Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation to ensure continuous production operations.
- Creates and manages the maintenance and stores budgets.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Execute plant-specific vision and mission to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the corporate vision.
- Ensure that all manufacturing / facility systems are properly resourced and that all resources are efficiently utilized.
- Direct maintenance supervisors and hourly maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting / problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
- Continuously apply sound mechanical and electrical solutions to resolve hindrances to plant efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide leadership in implementing / maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Manage maintenance department costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure that appropriate inventory levels for standard replacement parts are maintained.
- Manage the buildings and grounds such that good manufacturing practices (GMP) are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained.
- Perform follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime / inefficient operational issues.
- Schedule mandatory inspections and coordinate certifications and appropriate authorities.
- Ensure environmental compliance.
- Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment.
- Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate employees and managers.
- Collaborate directly with human resources to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
- Collaborate with finance to create and execute a maintenance and capital budget to insure that financial allocations and obligations are set, administered and met.
- Initiate cost savings measures.
- Ensure all plant maintenance operations are conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's.
- Wear required PPE.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader
Must be able to work independently and as a team player, be organized, and plan ahead.
· 7-10 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
· 3-5 years Supervisory / Management experience
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field of study.
Salary : $70,000 – $99,000