This person will be responsible for technical accounting research related to transactions and new accounting and reporting requirements. Direct efforts to implement new processes and procedures related to new or updated accounting guidance or disclosure requirements, including the new Revenue Recognition and Leasing Standards. Administer the Corporate Policies and Procedures database for a global network of entities, manage proposed changes to policies and proactively design and implement solutions to address accounting guidance and mitigate control deficiencies. Perform quality reviews of SEC filings and assist in various strategic or business issues that arise on an ad hoc basis as directed by the Chief Financial Officer, Corporate Controller and/or Director of Financial Reporting.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Serve as technical expert for accounting related issues affecting the business;
- Present research findings to various levels of senior management;
- Lead assessment, implementation and compliance with new and proposed accounting and reporting standards;
- Work with internal and external auditors on accounting policy adoptions;
- Perform quality reviews of SEC filings and provide guidance on technical accounting topics and peer company filing reviews;
- Oversee the financial review and tie out of the annual proxy disclosure;
- Assist in a variety of special projects focused on strategic and/or business issues that arise, including business combination accounting and integration and other valuation issues;
- Interact with upper level management and collaborate with subsidiary units across the globe and corporate personnel.
- Bachelors degree with a major in Accounting, Maseters or MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years public accounting experience with a CPA a plus
- Must possess strong knowledge and understanding of US GAAP. SEC reporting and consolidation accounting experience a plus.
- Must be highly motivated and possess excellent analytical and communication skills
- Must possess a high degree of flexibility and demonstrate the ability to perform numerous tasks and assignments concurrently
- Familiarity with HFM, SAP and Microsoft Office Products – Excel and Power Point
Salary : $90,000 – $130,000