Manufacturing Engineer Orangeburg, SC
- Award Winning Manufacturer of Globally Recognized Products
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Comprehensive Benefits and Salary Program
- Chance to be part of a proud team manufacturing award winning products recognized world wide
- This company offers growth for those who excel
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
Additional position due to new engineering projects. This position reports direct to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The main focus of the opportunity is identifying and implementing process improvements and cost reductions using industrial engineering and lean manufacturing methodologies. This position will support various projects related to new and redesigned product launches.
- Design special assembly tools, fixtures and equipment to be used for the assembly processes
- Develop detail drawings with tolerances and proper material call out for assemble tools, fixtures and equipment.
- Designing new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones;
- Purchase, and install equipment, fixtures, specialty assembly tools, product lift assists and storage devices.
- Develop new manufacturing processes, including layouts, PFD, PFMEA, CP, work instructions & training materials.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow diagrams, and production schedules to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Troubleshoot daily manufacturing issues.
- Occasional travel to domestic and international sites.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or a related field from a four year college or university plus 3 or more years of experience in a high volume manufacturing environment..
- Demonstrated Project Management Experience – start to finish accoutability
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing methodologies and principles. Formal training and experience implementing lean strategies and holding Kaizen events to improve process flow and reduce cost.
- Able to read and interpret drawing requirements and specification
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills – oral / written along with the ability to function well in a team
- Manufacturing / assembly automation background
- Computer skills to include but not limited to MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), AutoCAD, 3D CAD software
Prefer candidates from Southeast or with Southern ties
Salary : $70,000 – $85,000