Applies engineering theories and practices for the planning, designing, developing, and improving of machines, manufacturing processes, and finished products. Candidate must have a strong manufacturing background with focus on metal removal processes and secondary operations. Candidate must be process oriented and familiar with APQP and Lean Manufacturing techniques. Candidate should be proficient with Solidworks and GD and T.
Includes but not limited to:
- Understanding and meeting customer requirements.
- Acquiring knowledge of latest related technology in manufacturing.
- Designing and developing machine, manufacturing, and assembly technology.
- Planning and coordinating improvements in all manufacturing related processes.
- Performing tolerance stack-ups to verify functional designs for assembly and customer compliance.
- Creating and updating supporting prints and documents.
- Promoting a team environment.
- Mentoring and training others.
- Communicating and acting on lessons learned.
- Support Corrective Actions.
- Supporting and developing supplier partnerships.
- Assuring safe and ergonomic work conditions.
- Execution of Deming’s PLAN DO CHECK ACT in every project.
- Performing data driven decision making.
- Preparing and delivering presentations as needed.
- Communicating effectively and professionally.
- Supporting and promoting Dapco’s quality system.
- Supporting production with overall problem solving.
- Supporting and implementing LEAN techniques to reduce waste.
3. SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM YOUR
- Manufacturing processes and equipment including but not limited to
- Screw Machines
- CNC lathes
- CNC Machining centers
- Heat treating
- Resistance Welding
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Threads- Straight and Taper
- ASME Y14.5M and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Statistical Techniques including DOE and SPC
- Inspection Equipment and Gaging Methods
- Machine Design and Build
- Assembly Processes including testing and verification equipment
- MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
4. MINIMUM EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree in related field
5. PROBLEM SOLVING:
Able to analyze and resolve machine, manufacturing and assembly problems quickly. Work with supervisors, managers, operators, customers and suppliers to identify and eliminate root causes. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to determine test reliability and validity and to gather data by using analysis of variation and sampling procedures.
The Manufacturing Engineer must effectively apply the principles of Deming’s plan, do, check, act (PDCA) to all projects. The Manufacturing Engineer must promote a team environment and involve affected people when appropriate. The Manufacturing Engineer must validate that project objectives are met and act on lessons learned. The Manufacturing Engineer must show initiative, be self directed, and perform job duties with minimum guidance.
Salary : $65,000 – $80,000