Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who wants to join a growing, privately held company? Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who has experience in a machining environment and enjoys responsibility for a a wide variety of responsibilities? Are you a Manufacturing Engineer who wants to participate in an amazing gain-sharing program? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a very successful small, privately held manufacturer that supplies to the fluid power industry as well as to the marine industry. Business is booming!!! Due to an upcoming retirement our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will be involved in a variety of activities in a one shift operation. As Manufacturing Engineer you will report to the President and have no supervisory responsibilities.
In your position as Manufacturing Engineer you will:
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations
- Establish work measurement programs and analyzes work samples to develop standards for labor utilization
- Design parts making modifications from existing parts
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect of cost reductions.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities, such as re-structuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Create and/or administer the formation of BOM, Material identification and numerical control, labor routers, print review and control, and ECNs.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists
- Prepare machine tooling and gauging layouts and records on routers / work orders
- Compute cost factors and prepares estimates
- Assist the Quality Assurance Manager as needed with incoming inspection, the preparation of PPAPs, ISIRs, Corrective Action/Preventative Action reports, FMEAs, etc.
Your background should include:
- Degree in Engineering a plus but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience in a machining metal turning environment
- Estimating experience
- AutoCad experience
- ISO Experience
- Tooling experience a plus
- Proficient with Excel and WORD
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A sense of urgency
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Experience working with manufacturing, costing, and quality software programs
Our client is seeking local candidates only as there is no relocation assistance offered.
Salary : $60,000 – $75,000