Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop one piece pull manufacturing processes by utilization of the Manufacturing Bridge in Lean Product Development (LPD).
- Continuously improve processes by applying lean manufacturing processes to remove waste.
- Utilize Problem Solving tools, Poke Yoke error proofing, Visual Controls and Standard Work to meet Policy Deployment objectives.
- Evaluate capital equipment requirements with company tools and prepare financial return justifications to support Strategic Intent (SI).
- Design and prepare drawings of modifications to existing equipment, fixtures and tools..
- Design fixtures (to facilitate single minute exchange of dies) and material handling devices (to support flow and linkage) that comply with all relevant safety and regulatory requirements.
- Create processes and Standard Work that meet ergonomic and environmental requirements and policies.
- 5+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically tool and process engineering.
- Proficiency in CNC programming and hands-on approach to troubleshooting CNC equipment preferred.
- Expertise and experience in CAD software required to create process prints, design tools, fixtures and gauges preferred. (Solid Works and AutoCAD preferred).
- Strong mechanical aptitude, Ability to use basic measuring tools.
- Forward thinking and possesses the ability to develop, document and implement systems and procedures that result in increased manufacturing effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering. Engineering Technology or Industrial degrees considered with proven experience.
- Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME) or Mechanical Engineering (ASME) certification strongly desired.
Salary : $65,000 – $85,000