World leading manufacturer of rubber automotive components has immediate need for a great manufacturing engineer.
(process) engineering development and support to his/her assigned Model Cell(s) within the plant for both new business growth as well as existing production. This responsibility includes conceptualizing and defining new and/or modified processes and equipment. Because of the incumbent’s level of experience, he/she is learning and applying the methods and calculations related to developing manufacturing costs. Technical inputs are provided so that quote inquiries from Sales/Marketing are responded to in a timely manner. It also involves process, tooling and equipment development (prototype and production) to achieve the flawless launch of new products to production. On-going support to production is also included, which consists of continuous improvement projects, productivity improvement, scrap and waste reduction, process troubleshooting, and 8D support to Quality. Accurate and timely documentation is created and maintained in support of new and existing production. Individual must be a self-starter and have the ability to carry out tasks with minimal supervision. REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor or designate SUPERVISES: No one reports directly to this incumbent COORDINATES WITH: Product Engineering, Tool Engineering, Materials and Process Engineering and other Engineering personnel; Materials Lab; Operations Manager, Business Cell/Team Leaders and production associates; Quality; Materials; Sales/Marketing, Product Manager and Application Engineers; personnel at other
- To provide inputs to support the development of accurate and timely manufacturing processes/costs; assist in the creation new work center costs as needed for cost calculations.
- To conceptualize and develop lean manufacturing processes for new and existing business opportunities, which may include new and/or modified plant, equipment and process needs.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process, leading the development of new, lean production processes and equipment to achieve a flawless production launch.
- Initiate and lead continuous improvement projects to reduce cost, improve productivity, reduce scrap or waste, and provide daily support to production, including 8D support.
- Create and maintain accurate engineering/process documentation such as Machine Specification Guidelines (MSG) and requests for quote for new and/or modified equipment; BOMs and routers; set-up instructions and Molding Specifications; Process Flow Diagrams and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (PFMEAs); and training documentation.
- Aid with short- and long-term planning for capital expenditures relating to future production requirements; Lead projects involving new capital.
- Supports and participates in the Quality System, EMS and OHS programs.
- Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety/ergonomic standards and good housekeeping practices.
- Understand and implement the health, safety, and environmental policies and to integrate health, safety, and environmental considerations into daily work activities.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE JOB
Must be able to prioritize tasks and coordinate development efforts and project activities with numerous departments, including other facilities.Must be able to plan and complete projects in an efficient manner in a fast-paced environment. Must also be flexible in accepting responsibilities and assignments, as the needs and the staffing of the facility change.Individual must also be willing to work on any shift at times to address shift specific issues.
Travel to other FNST facilities, customers and suppliers is sometimes required.Obtaining cooperation and support from individuals who report to another manager is sometimes a challenge, requiring incumbent to utilize effective communication skills and project management techniques.
- A Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science is required along with 10 plus years of related experience, preferably in transfer and injection rubber molding.
- A working knowledge of rubber-to-metal adhesive systems is a plus.
- Good technical problem solving/analytical skills and mechanical aptitude are required.
- Experience in advanced engineering/statistical problem solving methods including Six Sigma Green Belt certification. Six Sigma Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate Process Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (PFMEA). A working knowledge of Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) is a plus.
- Ability to understand engineering drawings, tool designs, tool maintenance, compound characteristics, as well as transfer/injection press mechanics.
- Experience in the use of personal computers is required.
- Must exhibit good communication, project management, and interpersonal skills, and an ability to manage his/her own priorities and workload while working in a team environment.
Salary : $65,000 – $85,000