Summary: Market Development Manager is the senior level outside sales position within the sales and marketing team and includes responsibilities for new sales development. The Market Development Manager is responsible for identifying prospective opportunities, developing customer relationships, implementing marketing plan, protecting the company's profitability and fostering the growth of the sales and marketing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directing focused customer growth based on the requirements of the Company's VP/GM and Senior Staff.
- Establish sufficient prospective opportunities to meet strategic business plans.
- Detailed knowledge of all prospective and new customer relationships so the company/customer interactions can be facilitated to maintain business growth and profitability.
- Detailed knowledge of market region including prospective opportunities in all target markets.
- Develop annual sales plan for input into the annual business plan.
- Responsible for ensuring all new customers engage in a supplier contract at the time of engagement. Supplier contract must provide material liability protection, establish acceptable business mechanics and mitigate risk and liability to the corporation. All contracts must be approved by the VP/GM or his designee.
- Focal point for ensuring customer complaints are resolved in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of the EMS industry to support growth and diversification and to ensure that we are benchmark in meeting customer expectations.
- Work directly with the other sales team members and Program Managers to maximize revenue and strategic value to the Company.
- Take part in assigned exhibits and other sales initiatives developed by the Company.
- Prepare penetration plans for his/her territory and/or assigned markets.
- Responsible for resolving open customer supplier financial issues including past due payments, material and labor variances, and obsolete and excess material.
- Responsible to insure all new business opportunities meet the financial requirements established by the VP/GM and Finance Director of the business.
Salary : $87,000 – $120,000