Our firm is in search of a Chief Medical Director who is a MD or a DO board certified in a specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialists. We will consider surgeons as well as those in Family, Pediatrics, OB/GYN and Emergency Medicine. Previous medical Director experience is preferred.
To be considered for this role, you should have experience doing or willing to do the following:
- Licensed in the state of Washington
- Currently actively practicing physician and will be willing to do volunteer patient care periodically either by seeing patients with a residency group, participating in health screenings or perhaps seeing a few patients one afternoon.
- Wants to work with a Medicaid population or has some experience working with this type of population
- Medical Director (or higher) experience
- Experience working with departments such as Medical Affairs, Quality, Pharmacy and Medical Management
- Preferred if you have experience working with a Health Plan
- Willing to travel to regional office about 45 minutes away a couple times a week
- It is a plus if you have a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related field
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- clinical advisor to and educator of medical management staff
- Oversee internal medical review guidelines
- address regulatory accreditation concerns pertaining to medical management issues
- Perform medical review activities pertaining to utilization review, quality assurance, and medical review of complex, controversial, or experimental medical services.
- Responsible for HEDIS improvement and strategy
- Achieves utilization, cost management and quality goals
Relocation is available. In addition to our client offering a competitive 6 figure salary, you have the opportunity to earn 30% in performance bonus. Vacation time is discretionary as long as goals are being met.
Client also offers a robust benefits package with PTO, Medical, Dental and 401K. To learn more about our client, please email your resume along with your salary requirement and the best days/times to reach you.
Salary : $340,000 – $340,000