Our manufacturing client is in need of a Mechanical Engineer with Inventor experience. Must have experience with this software to be considered for this position. The job description is the following:
Summary: Designs, generates and maintains drawings, bills of materials, etc. for use in the manufacture of products and systems by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
- Works with dealers and sales staff to determine necessary information to produce quote for customer.
- Works with customers, sales, production, engineering, and other areas to determine requirements.
- Determines feasibility of design or application.
- Obtains knowledge of customer equipment and operation practices.
- Works from discussions, sketches, prints, etc. to visualize product, determine and layout materials to insure process, configuration, space, safety and other requirements are considered; provides necessary documentation.
- Uses drafting techniques and computer aided equipment to prepare assembly and detail drawings for necessary views, dimensions, materials and other related data.
- Designs and lays out products and systems for approval; makes changes as necessary.
- Analyzes material needs, time frames, quality, and other factors to insure cost effective production. Makes calculations for bills of materials and other specifications.
- Works with outside fabricators to aid and coordinate activities and products; directs work according to delivery and fabricators' capabilities for most efficient operation.
- Works with manufacturing regarding processes and fabrication problems. Makes recommendations regarding product design, material usage, etc.
- Assists production personnel in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Follows progress of work; anticipates or investigates delays and inadequate performance.
- Takes corrective action as necessary.
- Inspects completed product
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Provides support for installation and service; resolves technical problems encountered by customers or personnel.
- Recommends cost-cutting measures and design improvements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Returns phone-calls and e-mails within 24-hours except for weekends and other time off. Meets commitments.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves organizational resources.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Written Communication – Presents data effectively.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Participates in meetings.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Adaptability – Manages competing demands.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree and one to three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: MS Office applications. Some combination of AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault and Solid Works.
Salary : $55,000 – $58,000