Are you a PRACTICING, Board Certified Physician (by an ABMS Approved Board) who is perhaps in the 3rd or 4th quarter of your career and you are looking for a change that will allow you to use all your years of clinical knowledge and experience in a different capacity?
If yes, you should read on…
Our client is adding on THREE Medical Directors to be working in the specialty of Medicaid Managed Care. This position does require relocation to Maryland or you should live in an area that is commutable to the Baltimore, MD region.
To be considered you should have the following:
* Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy, board certified preferable in a primary care specialty (Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics or Emergency Medicine).
* MUST be an actively practicing physician.
* Previous experience within a managed care organization is preferred.
* Course work in the areas of Health Administration, Health Financing, Insurance, and/or Personnel Management is preferred.
* Experience treating or managing care for a culturally diverse population preferred.
* Medical License without ANY state restrictions
Here is a bit about the doing:
- You will be working in conjunction with the Chief Medical Director
- Performs medical review activities pertaining to utilization review, quality assurance, and medical review of complex, controversial, or experimental medical services.
- Provides medical expertise in the operation of approved quality improvement and utilization management programs in accordance with regulatory, state, corporate, and accreditation requirements.
- Identifies clinical quality improvement studies to assist in reducing unwarranted variation in clinical practice in order to improve the quality and cost of care.
- Interfaces with physicians and other providers in order to facilitate implementation of recommendations to providers that would improve utilization and health care quality.
- Reviews claims involving complex, controversial, or unusual or new services in order to determine medical necessity and appropriate payment.
Our client is offering a relocation allowance. In addition to a robust salary that starts at $ 212,000 and goes over $ 300,000, you also have the potential to earn a 20% performance bonus of your annual salary. Salary depends on experience you have as it relates to Medicaid and if you have any Managed Care experience. Our client also offers a full comprehensive benefits package.
To learn more about this rewarding job, please email us your resume along with your salary requirements. If you are selected for an interview, we will help you through every step of their interview process.
Salary : $212,000 – $320,000