We have been engaged to find a National Sales Manager for a newly-created role in an innovative manufacturing organization. This person will lead the activities of the sales force to meet and exceed financial objectives. They will develop and implement the strategic account plans needed to achieve goals and initiatives. The National Sales manager will work to develop a high-performance sales team through coaching and mentoring that will deliver aggressive sales plans in a competitive environment to meet financial objectives. The right person will have managed national accounts from big-box retailers including budgeting, business analysis, and account planning. We need someone who can analyze sales data, changing trends, competitive threats, and opportunities and create data-driven strategies and plans for improvements and growth. This is a consultative selling environment that cultivates and maintains relationships with high-level decision makers, industry influencers, and key strategic partners. This person will work closely with the Operations team and Product Management and will report directly to the VP/GM. The National Sales Manager will work primarily from their home office and must have major airport access with the ability to travel 35%+.
· Manages the forecast and expenses for the team.
· Provides input to Product Management to develop and implement the product roadmap. Participates in pricing management to drive profitability.
· Works with the Operations team to optimize inventory levels in the customer base and through the supply chain. Provides input to ensure that KPIs such as on-time delivery and fill rate are met.
· Builds a high-energy culture that attracts and retains top talent.
· Identifies, leads and develops talent in order to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or similar discipline required; an MBA is preferred
· At least 5 years of experience selling to big box / mass market retailers
· A minimum of 5 years of progressive sales management experience with demonstrated ability to drive results through geographically dispersed sales teams
· Demonstrated strategic thinking and business development skills
· Strong financial acumen; ability to assess market opportunities and analyze sales data and determine appropriate actions to improve account position. Expertise in price management, budget development/management and margin growth required. Possesses a solid understanding of account P&Ls and levers to achieve operating income goals.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate and present information to all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
· Proven ability to establish and maintain influential relationships at all levels of customer organizations.